Tagaytay: Hangout at Picnic Grove
One of Tagaytay’s most frequently visited landmarks is its famous Picnic Grove. This is one of the most common images that come to mind when Tagaytay is mentioned. Sitting at the Tagaytay Ridge, it is one of the few spots where visitors can enjoy the view of the Taal Lake and the majestic Taal Volcano.
As the name implies, it is a perfect place for having a picnic bonding with families and friends in one of the cottages arranged along the slope. A couple of barbecue pits are also available.
The 13-hectare Picnic Grove is not only just for a picnic. It also offers various recreational activities. There are two zip lines and a hanging cable car, and visitors can take souvenir shots there. Horseback riding is also available.
The site itself is surrounded by lush trees. There is an eco-trail where visitors can enjoy the refreshing Tagaytay breeze and being close with nature. A significant part of the eco-trail consists of boardwalks and bridges surrounded by wonderful trees.
The grove also has a large grassland that is suitable for various activities such as kite flying, or for those who just want to sit on the grass. There are also rows of souvenir and food shops lined up just at the entrance.
While the Picnic Grove already has an entrance fee of thirty pesos per head and a parking fee depending on the type of vehicle, please be noted that most of its facilities, such as zip lines, cable cars and even the cottages have separate fees.
- Entrance – P50
- Parking – P30 (Car), P50
- Zipline and Cable Car Weekday Rate
- One Way: PhP200 / person
- Two Way: PhP300 / person
- Zipline and Cable Car Weekend/Holiday Rate
- One Way: PhP300 / person
- Two Way: PhP400 / person
- Ternate: Katungkulan Beach Resort and Marine Base
- Kawit: Aguinaldo Shrine, Birthplace of the Philippine Independence
- Tagaytay: People’s Park in the Sky
- Maragondon: Patungan Cove
- Maragondon: Kaynipa Cove Awaits to be Discovered
- Maragondon: Formidable Fort of Carabao Island
- Maragondon: Bonifacio Shrine and Trial House
- Maragondon: Mt. Pico de Loro