Taichung: Myriad of Colors Bloom at Zhongshe Flower Garden
It is known with different names — Houli Flower Garden, Zhong She Guan Guang Flower Market, and perhaps most famously, Chungshe Tourist Flower Market (中社觀光花市), this flower farm is planted with a wide array of colorful flowers. Located in Houli District, Taiwan, it covers an area of six hectares with the landscape varying according to season. But whatever the season you happen to arrive, you will never fail to amaze with what you will be seeing with its colorful flowers.
This low-attitude area in the central part of Taiwan is famous for having many flower markets, which not only sells flowers but also holds exhibits to be further appreciated by the public.
Upon entrance, the European-style garden immediately captures attention, complete with a Dutch-style windmill. Because it is springtime, there were no tulips that bloomed: it is the only area in Taiwan where they can be successfully grown. But even with its absence, you can still feel like you’re in Holland. We arrived early so there were just a handful of people. It was not long before tourists started to flock in who really enjoyed the spectacle. In every corner, the place is picture perfect.
If you are a travel photographer or a wedding photographer, the Chungshe Flower Farm is the most ideal destination. The photo-rich and vivid colors provide a mix of angles, colors and mood. An area dubbed as the Wedding Photo Backdrop Zone was constructed, featuring backdrops of European Fairy Tale Cottage, Pavilion of Happiness, Wedding Gown Arch, Wedding Bells and the White Piano.
You will surely fall in love with myriads of flowers like sunflowers, tulips, roses, sage, cosmos flowers, marigold, lotus, and calla lilies. While immersing amidst the sea of flowers, you will feel a surge of liveliness. You can also call it the Garden of Happiness: whether you’re a child or a grown up, you can happily enjoy here.
To help easily identify the flowers, signages were installed complete with information about it.
Aside from colorful flowers, it also has a large playground for kids. The BBQ zone is perfect if you’re hungry or coming with the whole family – just show your ticket and you can grill here.
- Zhong She Guan Guang Flower Market
- Address: No. 333, Sec. 5, Sanfeng Road, Houli Dist, Taichung City 421, Taiwan
- Opening Hours: 9am to 6pm daily
- Contact: 04-2557-6926
- Website: http://www.flowerjs.com.tw/
- Jan-Mar (Tulip season) – NT$150NTD (adult) / NT$75 (child between 3 to 12 years old, and elderly aged 65 and above)
- Apr-Dec – NT$120 (adult) / NT$60 (child between 3 to 12 years old, and elderly aged 65 and above
- Train: Take west line trains to Houli Station, then take a taxi to Chungshe Tourist Flower Market. Or take west line trains to Taian Station, then walk toward west for around 20 minutes.
- Bus: Visitors from Taipei can take Fengyuan Bus and get off at Chungshe Tourist Flower Market.
PART OF OUR TAIWAN GETAWAY
- NORTH COAST: Yehliu Geopark | Pingxi Sky Lantern | Shifen Waterfalls | Golden Waterfalls | Jiufen Old Street | Wanli Abandon UFO Houses
- TAIPEI: Ximendeng | Taipei 101 | Maokong Gondola | Elephant Mountain | Taipei Peace Park | Taipei Zoo | Chiang Kai Shek Memorial | Shilin Night Market | The Red House
- TAICHUNG: Zhongshe Flower Farm | Xinshe Castle | Rainbow Village | Gaomei Wetland Park