Gerona: Food and Fun in Isdaan Floating Restaurant
This floating restaurant/fun park is a landmark in Gerona, Tarlac. It can be prominently seen along the highway that you will surely never fail to miss, and this is the perfect place for refuge if you are caught by hunger along the way. Aside from food, you can enjoy the place without spending, for it has a mini park that can be enjoyed by all ages.
The distinct feature of this place is the floating nipa huts. Literally, it is an oasis, being at the middle of the rice fields and sugar fields, the Isdaan village is constructed on a large fishpen (isdaan) that can satisfy the appetite of the hungry travelers.
The place offers a variety of Filipino cuisine in a traditional rural ambiance. Being on a fishpen, seafood are their best sellers. And while waiting for your meals, you can roam around and take photos with life-size celebrity and superhero statues. Kids can also enjoy riding a bike.
To complete the ambiance, meals are served on a plate with banana leaves. Shared viands are served on boat trays that come in two sizes, regular and titanic. Titanic meals can serve 5-8 persons. While savoring the food, you are serenaded by their famous Singing Cooks playing songs of the VST, Boyfriends and other 70s Hits.
Another feature that made the restaurant famous aside from its food and unique ambiance, is the Tacsiyapo Wall! Tacsiyapo is a Kapampangan word meaning “shame on you!” Surely, it will be more intense if you shout it while throwing a plate or glass. It is one of the Isdaan’s gimmicks that really paid off. You can smash ceramics out of anger, hatred, depression, frustration and all other kinds of emotional outburst.
Ceramics that you wish to smash costs PhP22 for mugs, PhP38 for plates, PhP140 for flower vase, and if you’re angry with the entire world you can smash a TV set for PhP2,000. Make sure to aim well at the wall, if you hit your wife’s wall, you’re doomed.
Before or after your meal, you can enjoy the place that is perfect for photo shoots. The place is scattered with large statues. There are images that resembles Indo-china people. Other statues resemble those of famous personalities, like Barack and Michelle Obama, Cory Aquino, a security guard and others. Don’t miss taking photos with the terrifying dinosaur statue.
At one end of the park is the Bata-Batuta park, a park intended (obviously) for kids (mga bata). Large statures of animals, insects and birds can be seen here, although most statues have already faded paints. It is only perfect for picture taking, because no other activities can be done here.
QUIPS AND TIPS
- Although on a traditional ambiance, beware of the insects and other little critters, for instance, a lizard fell on one of our meals which the staff happily replaced after.
- Foods are a bit pricey, but you can enjoy without having a meal.
- You can buy minimal orders – like halo-halo.
- If dining by groups, grab their promo. Like the 50% discount for Crispy Pata and Patang Tinupig.
- Secure your vehicles very well by locking them, this is one of the top complaints by customers.
- Try to cross the San Kilo Bridge where you have to cross the narrow path filled with obstacles. If you successfully cross and make it back, a free one-kilo fish awaits you.
- Tarlac is too far (from Metro Manila), you can try visiting their other branches like in Calauan, Laguna or in Talavera, Nueva Ecija.
- No wi-fi signal means you can socialize without any interruptions.
- Entrance, Parking – Free
From Tarlac proper, take the bus going North and tell the conductor to drop you off in Isdaan in Gerona.
Alternative: From Gerona Junction or Town Proper, you can ride a tricycle going here. Travel distance is 1.5km.
Take the road going to Baguio via MacArthur Highway. Before reaching Gerona town proper you can immediately see it.
- Mobile: +639231763619
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/isdaanrestaurant/
- Website: http://isdaanfloatingrestaurant.com/
- Capas: Honouring the Fallen at Capas Shrine
- Bamban: Goshen Resort, A Glimpse of Rome in Tarlac
- San Jose: Chasing Sunset at the Lake
- Tarlac City: Go Yellow at Aquino Museum
- Gerona: Food and Fun in Isdaan Floating Restaurant